Experienced Professionals with Deep Roots in the Raleigh Community
By its nature, family law is a practice that depends on the human element. Understanding the relationship dynamics of the people involved plays a large role in working toward a desired outcome. That idea extends to the family law attorney hired to represent you during divorce proceedings or other legal issues within a family unit.
Clients should have a firm sense of who their attorney is. Knowing their background, their experiences, and their credentials is key for making an informed decision about your representation. The attorneys at Barefoot Family Law are proud to share their stories and value the process of building a rapport with potential clients.
Recognition & Awards
Years of commitment to providing excellent family law services to the people of North Carolina have led to Caldwell and Mariana receiving numerous recognitions. Caldwell and Mariana are grateful for the people who entrust Barefoot Family Law to represent them through difficult periods of their lives and know that all honors reflect that trust.
- U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers named Barefoot Family Law as one of the Best Law Firms in America and individually named its attorneys as Best Lawyers in America.
- Caldwell was named the Lawyer of the Year for Family Law in the Raleigh-Durham region in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- Mariana and Caldwell are each North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialists.
- Both attorneys are members of the Business North Carolina Magazine’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame, an honor shared with less than 20 other family law attorneys in North Carolina.
- Caldwell has belonged to the Super Lawyer’s Top 100 lawyers across all practice areas for the entire State of North Carolina for the last three years and for 9 of the last 11 years. Mariana is a member of the North Carolina Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars.
- Caldwell received the highest rating (AV-rated) from Martindale-Hubbell.
- In 2008, Mariana received the honor of induction into the Order of Barristers, a recognition for attorneys who exhibit excellence through the art of courtroom advocacy.